Please sign in to post.

apartment rental in London

Hello,
My family of 4, kids 8 and 11, will be visiting London in July this summer. I want to rent a 2 bedroom apartment in a safe central location. I found one through vrbo in the pimlico area that seems to tick all the boxes.
I have used vrbo lots of times with great success, I am just more apprehensive with this trip to London, hearing how many properties are fake, or illegal. There are 40 good reviews. Should that be enough to ensure that it’s legit?
Here is the link:

Property id: 8168262ha

https://www.vrbo.com/8168262ha

Any advice will be appreciated!!
Thank you!

Posted by
286 posts

Check out this website. I've used them twice and very pleased. Don't go to London that often, but would not hesitate to use them again. The apartment in Westminster near the Palace is in a great location. https://londonconnection.com

Posted by
6 posts

Hi Gail,
Do you mean the Eaton Mews property? It looks fantastic, but booked during our stay. Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted by
6113 posts

This VRBO property seems to be legit, as the reviews go back over several years. It’s a reasonable location, with a Tesco supermarket nearby.

I have never had an issue booking through VRBO.

Posted by
6 posts

I was looking through the londyConnections property, and I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the 218 Mercer property? Either with the apartment itself or the location. Any opinions will be appreciated!
Thanks again!

Posted by
286 posts

The area is lively and should be fun for your family. It says a quiet street ...... perhaps. I'd go for it!

Posted by
11315 posts

We are about to have our 4th stay in a London Connection apartment. They are a super company to work with. Have a ball!

Posted by
6 posts

Have you stayed at the Mercer property by any chance? If you don’t mind sharing which properties you’ve stayed at, I’d love to hear. Thanks!

Posted by
11315 posts

We stayed in Covent Garden, I think the 2-12 West St location. Very convenient and lovely apt.

Also, Mayfair at 2-17 Adams Row. Favorite area but lots of stairs for that apt. Lovely inside, but the stairs were very steep,

One place we stayed, near Westminster, is no longer offered. Next fall we will stay again in Mayfair at Reeves Mews since we liked the area so much.

Posted by
6501 posts

The VRBO in Pimlico looks nice and seems to have a good enough review history to depend on. The location is very good. The only question I'd have is how many flights of stairs, which the listing doesn't specify except to say "top floor." From your kids' ages I assume that you're considerably younger than me, so maybe not a problem. But I'd suggest getting that clarified with the owner, keeping in mind that in England the "first floor" is what we'd call the second, so the "fourth" would be what we'd call the fifth.

Posted by
6 posts

Thanks everyone for helping me decide! I decided to go with the Covent Garden apartment through London connections. I guess we’ll just ‘have to’ go to the theater :-)