Please sign in to post.

Apartment hotels in London

Hello all,
My wife and I are traveling to London in April 2024 for our very first empty-nester vacation. We are trying to get away from using AirBandB and VRBO and have started using Aparthotels, but have never used one in London. Does anyone out there have any experience using an Aparthotel in London? Here are some of the units that I have come across while browsing for the perfect place. Citadines, Cheval, Locke, Native, The Capital Hotel, Apartments and Townhouses and Room2. If anyone out there has experience using any of these places or a place like them, your feedback would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much,
Michael Blair

Posted by
16943 posts

I too like the idea of an Aparthotel rather than owner-direct rentals, especially in London.

We have used Native (Paddington location) and Stylotel (also Paddington). We will be staying at Locke Broken Wharf later this month. Friends of ours stayed at Cheval Three Quays and absolutely loved it.

The Native apartment (Native Hyde Park) was much larger than we expected. It had a large open-plan living/dining/kitchen area, separate bedroom, and another room between the two that was part closet, part sitting area. It was a basement apartment but had windows near ground level. Booking and check-in were all very easy. I liked the company. I would happily book them again, but the Bankside location because that is where we like to stay.

The Stylhotel was new and modern, but really cramped, space-wise. As my husband said, you have to go outside to change your mind.

Posted by
16 posts

Thank you Lola for such valuable input. I can't tell you how often I have almost booked that Native Hyde Park (because of its proximity to Little Venice), so it's good to hear it was a winner. Did the unit you stayed in have a washer and dryer by chance? Also, I loved the quote from your husband "you have to go outside to change your mind"!

Thanks again,
Mike and Kelly

Posted by
16 posts

Also, do you think that the Native Hyde Park would be good for people in their 50’s that cherish Saturday morning rather than Friday night?

Thanks again!

Posted by
15737 posts

There are others......Fraser Suites, Staybridge Suites, Residence Inn, Wilde by stayhotels, Hyatt House.

Posted by
725 posts

Silly me. I use to have an email response from the manager of Locke at Broken Wharf which detailed rooms with river views vs those that did not and which to ask for. But I unintentionally deleted it when clearing out some old email folders. Knucklehead.

At that location there are going to be rooms that have river views, and those that do not which look out onto another building. If that is important send them an email asking about river views and which rooms to reseve/ask for to get river views. There was one particular class of rooms, which all in that class were with river views -- I just can't remember which class of rooms that was. Personally I'm very happy with their "City Studio -- with River View" which is one of their smaller rooms, but being a solo traveler it is plenty spacious.

It is also worth signing up for their promo email to receive their discount promo code.