Please sign in to post.

Airport help

Hello! I am planning a trip from Orlando to London and Paris in September 2024. My initial plan is to travel to London, spend 5 nights and then take train to Paris 3 nights and leave on day 4 to come back to Orlando. My question is, would it be better to fly Orlando-> London and Paris->Orlando or would it be better to fly round trip from London. With train fares it looks to be around same price… but the flights from Paris to Orlando have long layovers where London is direct. Thoughts?

Posted by
1087 posts

Coming back to London will be costly both in terms of money and time. Travelling twice between London and Paris will take the biggest parts of two days of your holiday.

Posted by
11731 posts

My question is, would it be better to fly Orlando-> London and Paris->Orlando

This option is the more efficient option.

How long is 'a long layover'?

The r/t London option means you cut your trip short by one day to get back to London the day before the homeward flight.

Have you looked at Orlando-Paris; London-Orlando. Put the layover into the trip over if there is no Orlando-Paris direct flight?

Posted by
289 posts

I usually flew into London and out of France because the departure tax in the UK was much higher. Not sure the situation now.

Open jaw is the way to go.

Posted by
16070 posts

Think of the time it will take to get from Paris to your London Airport. It's not just the trip on Eurostar.

Ninety minutes check in for Eurostar. Two hour train ride. Just over an hour from St. Pancras to Heathrow. You have to be there two to three hours ahead of time. That's 6.5 to 7.5 hours traveling. With all the changes.

It will probably be easier to just fly. And if the layover is really long, you can inquire about lounge access. If your ticket doesn't offer it, most airports have a lounge where you can purchase entrance,