Please sign in to post.

Airfare to London

Virgin has a very good airfare for two to Heathrow...we wanted to upgrade to extra legroom seats...Still very good price..That being said....Has anyone flown VA and do you have any info/opinions???

Posted by
817 posts

Flew them from EWR-LHR and back at the end of June. Their customer service is awesome, both on the plane and before. I flew basic economy and seats were kinda cramped but I did arrived at LHR at the same time as those first class folks :)

I would definitely fly with them again (ftr, they're partially owned by Delta now).

Posted by
3122 posts

I've flown Virgin Atlantic between NY and SF a few times. No particular complaints.

Posted by
27062 posts

I've flown Virgin Atlantic from Heathow to Washington-Dulles the last two years. I fly regular coach. Everything was pretty much as expected. They seemed to come around fairly often to offer free beverages. On the other hand, I thought the movie selection was extremely weak.

Posted by
107 posts

We have flown on Virgin Atlantic three times in the last three year and flying with them from Seattle to LHR in two weeks. We like the 9 hrs flight direct to London to get the overnight out of the way. We have had no complains. Their flight are similar to a Delta’s (partner airline) flights. We choose to fly Main Cabin. We have also flown Air France and British Air in the last five years and they all seem comparable in economy. Decent food and good choice of Movies
Safe travel
Don

Posted by
759 posts

OP-

Sorry but your leaving out critical info. What airport are you flying out of and what time?
You need to know which specific plane your using- seat guru can tell you a lot.
Their Prem Economy is about more then just leg room. The seats are potentially much wider- 20 to 21 in wide.
I’ve made numerous Prem Economy flights out of SFO to LHR. On that route they simply have the best seating out there; the only Prem Economy I’ll touch on that route (great bang for the buck). But again, you need to see which plane they are flying out of your departure airport.

Posted by
8645 posts

My favorite airline. First flew VA in the late 80’s. Economy seats until 3 years ago when I said I’m going to try premium economy. Love it. Never looked back.

I’ve been spoiled and I’m quite happy about it.

Posted by
5256 posts

I've flown VA from London to Miami and to Chicago, both occasions were in their Upper Class cabin which is excellent. I've heard their Premium Economy seats are very good too. Their club lounge at Heathrow is up there with the best also but is only accessible for Upper Class passengers and gold members of their loyalty scheme. The dedicated private greeting, check in and security, completely separate from the rest of the airport is fantastic and completely removes the stress and hassle of traipsing through the airport in the normal fashion.

Of course, this all comes at a price but for us it's a price worth paying. Our holidays start the moment we leave the house so the last thing I want is to experience a stressful time and worry about a long, painful flight over many hours.

Posted by
3391 posts

Yes! We flew Los Angeles to Heathrow RT on Virgin last Christmas/New Years. We were upgraded to their Economy Delight seats which are the ones with extra legroom. DO THE UPGRADE!! We are now hooked. The seats were comfortable, the extra legroom made a world of difference in how we felt at the end of the flight, and there are other little perks that come with those seats as well. We have always liked Virgin...they are a cut above some other airlines in their service and amenities. Once our flight was delayed by 15 minutes and they passed out ice cream bars to everyone - they do things like that.

Posted by
33 posts

I flew Norwegian Airlines to Paris last year and we are using them again to fly into London this month. Springing for the fancy pants seats will cost about $600.00 more than economy, but, wow, it is SO worth it! Great service, big, comfortable seats that recline (not all the way, but enough to get a very good sleep), even good food! The fleet is all new 787 Dreamliners (not involved with the current problems associated with Boeing)...new oxygen system really relieves jet lag, mood lighting helps you fall asleep and wake up gently...I agree with the previous poster who said 'vacation begins when you get on the plane'. I don't fancy arriving jet-lagged with no sleep. Unless you have unlimited funds to travel a lot, make your trip as great as it can be within your budget...including the flights over and back! It truly is not just about how much your airfare costs...it's about what the flight will cost you in terms of enjoying your overall trip. In my humble opinion...

Posted by
3992 posts

I can only give you an opinion for which you asked of us once we find out where your originating airport is and the airfare of the round-trip per person.

Waiting for you to return to the thread you started. 😊

Posted by
46 posts

Seattle to Heathrow...May 25....Now 900.00 pp Ecomony Delight. Has been as low as 880. each. We want extra legroom so we are willing to pay some for this. We certainly have found mor"affordable" i.e. cheaper fraes , but by the time you ad seat etc it is wel over the 1800 VA has as a current price.

Posted by
46 posts

IThe price , including all tax, seat selection etc is 1750.00 for both of us...the "fare is 527.00 per person before tax. Cannot fing anything that beats this. Sorry I hadnt included more info prior!

Posted by
3992 posts

From what I remember of economy delight, the legroom can still vary especially if it’s bulkhead. Know what the legroom is of the seat you select so you won’t be surprised.

Posted by
175 posts

we have flown with VA from LAX to London's Heathrow and we loved it. The food was good, the seats were comfortable and it was on time.

Posted by
13 posts

We've flown VA from ATL to LHR a few times - once with extra legroom, once in Premium and once in Upper Class. Of the 3, premium provided the best value, followed by extra legroom and then UC. From Atlanta, VA flies older planes (A330-300) and the layout for UC wasn't great (plus no passenger controlled ventilation for the middle seats/beds).

VA service is great, as is the food. Whichever cabin you wind up in I think you'll be really happy.