Please sign in to post.

Advice for London the week leading up to Easter 2016

Hello.....we are returning to London the week leading up to Easter 2016. This time we will have our tweens with us and will see the normal sites, along with a trip to see the WB Studio Tour. I have read to avoid being there on the weekend, but was wondering if I book our tickets for the very first tour of the morning and we spend about three hours there, will we be done before it gets absolutely crowded with people? We were trying to fit all of the churches in at the beginning of the week to avoid any conflict with Easter related activities/services and thought we could spend our last day at the Studio Tour. Or would you suggest we switch it around and do the Studio Tour at the beginning of the week and churches/sites at the end?

Thanks!

Posted by
6113 posts

UK children will be on holiday the week before Easter, so London and all its attractions will be busy all week. Best book for early alots all week, although the popular attractions will still be busy.

The main churches have services every day, although there maybe an odd extra service.

Posted by
111 posts

We did the WB studio tour the Saturday after Easter last year. We booked the first tour of the day and everything was just fine. It wasn't crowded. We spent three hours there and would have spent more time there but had to get to the airport. Our kids loved searching for the golden snitches and getting their HP passports stamped. Enjoy your tour!

Posted by
114 posts

Thanks for the great information! It sounds like most places will be very busy with families and other vacationers, so we will plan to be there at opening to try to stay ahead of the crowds.

Posted by
660 posts

Getting to any of the London attractions for opening time is always a good bet. I've known people spend up to 7 hrs at the HP Studios.

Posted by
114 posts

I purchased my tickets yesterday for the Studio Tour for the first tour of the day. Thanks for the advice!