Please sign in to post.

Accommodations in Bloomsbury and Russel Square

My husband and I are coming to London at the end of May, and although we've book a room at the Grange Beauchamp Hotel, we are used to staying in small family run B&Bs and inns. Haven't been able to find one. We want to stay in the Bloomsbury/Covent Gardens area or Russel Square. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted by
1203 posts

You don't say how much you want to spend per night. But I am researching London and watched a YouTube Video where Rick Steves goes to London. He stayed at a small Bz&B called the Aster House. It looked very nice. You may want to check that out.

Posted by
9 posts

Thank you both. Much appreciated. Will probably stay with Grange Beachamp. How bad could it be?

Posted by
787 posts

I have the same lodging desires as you, but really like staying in the Bloomsbury area of London. So we've stayed at the Grange Beauchamp twice. I have looked in the area for B&Bs, and IMHO, the quality wasn't as good as we wanted, and anything a little bit nicer seemed to be A LOT more expensive. The Grange does not feel like a big corporate hotel (though the pictures of the rooms make it look that way); I think you'll like it, and the location is great.

Posted by
9 posts

Thank you so much for you insightful response. I was a little worried, but no more. I am exhausted looking at hotels and B&Bs. The location is perfect for our needs. We will, at the end of the week, be taking the Channel Tunnel to Paris and will be close enough to St Pancras. Thanks again.

Posted by
11507 posts

We have stayed at the Celtic hotel twice , less than 1/2 block to russell square , walk tp British museum . Good hot made to roder breakfast .