Please sign in to post.
Posted by
468 posts

We went to a 6 pm Sunday show three weeks ago. We enjoyed it and the festive feel around the train stop/merchandise shop next to the Arena. After walking down the steps from the train platform, you immediately see the merchandise shop and hear ABBA on the loud speaker. People were taking taking photos by the merchandise shop (some really dressed for the occasion), many singing, some dancing. We arrived early and the matinee was just letting out. We bought ice cream from the nearby truck and people- watched until the arena opened for our show. There was a venue across the street for an after show party ($?).

The dance floor was packed, so I don't know how anyone could move. We were a few rows back from the dance floor and we liked our seats, although I didn't feel as free to stand (as many in the arena did) as the accessible seats were behind us. I've seen some negative reviews on Trip Advisor, but for the most part, it sounds as if the majority had an enjoyable trip back in time as we did. We may return with family members on a future trip.

Posted by
1 posts

I went last summer, and it was one of my favorite events. I'm planning to go again this year!

Posted by
289 posts

I went last summer with my 15 year old. We had a good time except for the weird animation song in the middle. The venue is a site in itself.

Do not dance in the aisles and do not take photos or video once the show starts or you will be visited by security. I picked the back row so I could dance without feeling like I was ruining anyone else's time. Some of the seated sections stood and danced the whole time. Ours was tame and only danced at the end.

Posted by
119 posts

We just went in May and really enjoyed it. At first, after hearing about the concept, we didn't think we would like it, it was hard to imagine that it would seem believable. But it really was fun and we thought it was so realistic that when we were looking at the band and backup singers, we couldn't tell if they were live or not, (they were.) I agree about the animated portion being weird but it is only one song. The audience was very enthusiastic and many dressed in sequins and feather boas and the entire audience stood and sang Dancing Queen.

I don't recommend the dance floor, they were packed in with no seats or tables and we thought it was warm at our seats, I can't imagine how it felt down there. Our seats were Section B, Row G 29&30, and we loved them. Don't go too far down or you will have people passing in front of you, and make sure your aisles will not be in the direction that you would be looking toward the stage, or again, people getting up will pass in front of you. We didn't have people standing and dancing in front of us, but I'm sure that changes with each audience. Taking the tube to get there was very easy. They had fast food at the theater, but no restaurants nearby so keep that in mind. Enjoy!

Posted by
4 posts

What tube line did you take and where did you get off. Good to know there is fast food available. Thanks for the info. My seat is Block B seat B29.

Posted by
468 posts

We were staying near Waterloo Station so we took the Jubilee Line to Stratford (had a meal at the shopping mall by the station) and then took the DLR Canary Wharf train (1 minute from tube stop) to Pudding Mill Lane Stop which is right at the arena. It was very convenient. We went to the Sunday 6 pm show. We arrived at the arena station about an hour and a half early, We went in to the venue as soon as the doors opened, but we had to wait to go in to the theatre.