Please sign in to post.

9 more strike days South Western Railway

South Western railway have announced nine more strike days . Five days from 23 October and all four Saturdays in November.

There are also disputes on Southern Railway, Northern Railway, and Merseyrail on the same issue

Posted by
10 posts

Thank you for posting this.

I apologize for my ignorance, but is the Gatwick Express affected by industrial action, too?

With an e a r l y departure from Gatwick, do I need contingency plans?

Posted by
32702 posts

Gatwick Express is related to Southern. Neither of these is related to South Western Railway which goes off in a different direction.

Gatwick Express and Southern use Victoria Station as their main terminus, South Western Railway starts at Waterloo.

Whilst Southern has ongoing issues on the same issue their strikes are currently less frequent and don't usually share the same days.

Posted by
32702 posts

How early is e a r l y?

And on what day of the week?

Posted by
10 posts

A flight to Italy on Saturday, December 1, at 8 am.

Seeing your post made me do a bit of Googlin', and I saw that South Western looked to be striking every Saturday in November, as well. So I panicked. As I do.

I've chosen a hotel within walking distance to Victoria, knowing we'd need to be on a Gatwick Xpress train by 5:30 or so. If I can't count on that plan, I would just as soon stay elsewhere and get to Gatwick another way.