Please sign in to post.

4 Days in London.....

We are planning a trip and have planned 4 days in London... please let me know your thoughts on the top things to see/do?

Posted by
2010 posts

We really do need some help from you. Everyone has very different interests and my list of top things to see and do could be the list from hell for you.... Are you wanting the top tourist list tick sites or are you prepared to visit somewheredifferent which will be less touristy and busy?

Posted by
8831 posts

Loads of interesting and historic things to see and do.

Most museums are free.

What are your interests? Theatre, architecture, food, art, walking, parks?

Why not look at London Walks and see if any intrigue you. www.walks.com

I’ve been going to London since 1972. Last trip was 2022 for Wimbledon. In 2021 spent the month of November there.

Never ever been bored.

London is always changing yet always the same.

Posted by
8558 posts

I am going to follow a bit of a different track since we haven't heard your interests. Here are some of my top tips for any visit to London.
1. Use City Mapper App together with public transport to get where you want to go. It is accurate, warns you of any disruptions, and gives real time information.

2. Plan your days in either geographic groups or transport groups that make sense. For geographic example: Westminster Abbey, Churchill War Rooms, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, St James Park. All in easy walking distance of each other. For Transportation Example: Tower of London, then walk outside the gate and grab an Uber boat (scheduled service) to Greenwich where you can explore several sights of interest, boat gives a different view of London. Take the boat back to a pier closest to your accommodations or Westminster for easy tube transfer.
3. Plan 2, at the most 3, major sites in one day if you are going in and exploring the venue.
4.. Be flexible. You may need to switch your itineraries around depending on rail or transit disruptions . City Mapper a saver when this happens.
5. Focus on what interests you, not what "everybody" says you should go to. Pick your top 8 locations and focus on them first.
6. Don't worry about bringing or having a lot of cash. This is about as close to the cashless society as one can get. Even the pay toilet in St. James Park took Apple Pay......

London is a lovely city to visit. I know you will have a great time and want to come back again.