Please sign in to post.

3 hotel options/locations - May 2023

Traveling with my 3 collage kids, Have 3 different options to stay for last week march 2023. What is best location or are any hotels a dump:

Option 1) MSK hotel 11-13 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, Westminster Borough London W2 3JL

Option 2) President Hotel 56-60 Guilford Street, Camden, London.WC1N 1DB

Option 3) 38 Harrington Gardens, South Kensington Kensington and Chelsea London SW7 4LT

FWIW - I am going to Tower of London, Churchill war rooms, Train to Windsor Castle and Westminster Abbey

Lastly - For a 2pm Flight from Gatwick on Sunday, and the fact that no hotel above has a sat availability should I just head down to Gatwick 9pm at night and stay down there Sat night? I can considerable money and might be less hassle in morning ? what do you think?

Posted by
5748 posts

Are you staying in May, rather than March?- as you are posting this in late April.

If it is May that is why you may be finding no availability- as the last Saturday in May is a public holiday weekend.

Staying at Gatwick would certainly be a lot cheaper and more convenient as you would need to be leaving Victoria by 10am Sunday.

Posted by
358 posts

Tower, WA and CWR are all accessible from the District line, Gatwick too via Victoria - so for transport alone, South Kensington (although Gloucester Road is nearest Underground). Easy enough to get to Windsor too - District line to Richmond then train from there. Or District to Ealing Broadway, train to Slough, train to Windsor. Or Circle up to Paddington, EL to Slough, train to Windsor

I would certainly consider the airport option - especially if they don't have space for you on the Saturday. Late leisurely breakfast and then over to Gatwick (although last time I did that, the lift got stuck!)

Posted by
20 posts

Trip is for last week of May 2023. I am spending 1 day/night oxford, 1 day.night Bath and then in London for 5 days at one of these hotels. Traveling soon. I fly into Heathrow but then head to Oxford, I leave out of Gatwick . This 4 day stay in London for all 3 option hotels are all 2 rooms 2 twin beds.

Posted by
2745 posts

I’m not sure what hotel you’re staying in with option three, but I have stayed in that area numerous times and find it very easy to get around and it’s very safe. I would not hesitate to stay in that area again.

Posted by
3757 posts

You may want to choose your London hotel and book it right away, as rooms will be snapped up for your time period.
Look at the profiles of the hotels you're asking about on Trip Advisor, read reviews, and quickly make a choice.

You wrote:
"I fly into Heathrow but then head to Oxford.."
Your best bet here is to take the coach (bus).
It will go directly from the Heathrow bus/coach station to Oxford.

I would definitely head to a hotel at Gatwick for your last nights' stay, Saturday night.