Please sign in to post.

2021 two month rental

Seeking input upon finding a two month rental "Londonish".
Are schedule is open from April to October to insert a two month stay.
Couple in our early 60's and mobile. Love public transport.
Budget is important and our accommodation expectations align with small, safe, w kitchen, quiet and 10/15 minute walk to public transport.
If you have a non "londonish" recommendation then please provide input as our expectations focus upon a journey filled with local experiences and not museums.
So please share your expertise and experiences so we may commence planning a wonderful 2021 journey.
Thanks

Posted by
8566 posts

Best bet is HomeAway or AirBnB websites.

I know friends who did this via HomeAway and had a studio apartment in Butler Wharf development near Tower Bridge.

Good Luck

Posted by
32515 posts

I was just going to say that Claudia often has great ideas along these lines.

Submitted and see she has beaten me to it. That's what happens if you take too long to hit "Add Reply".

Posted by
2791 posts

I suggest including booking.com as one of your search engines. Their filters are quite handy for narrowing down exactly what appeals to you and we've found that the map feature is helpful for checking out how close an individual property may be from a tube station or other public transport.
Their cancellation policy can be more forgiving than HomeAway, but do verify that before you commit to anything.
We've generally found that prices on Booking.com are quite competitive, especially since they don't hit you with the extra service fees that are included on some of the other sites.

Posted by
1520 posts

Appreciate input on search engines.
Hmm....
Over the decades we have traveled quite a bit, but it has always been a desire to select one location for two months to really settle into an area. Our travel style is to "absorb" and not dash. We have been to London one time for 14 days, stayed in Brentford and enjoyed getting out and about via bus and Tube. While being in proximity to London is a plus we want to learn of places folks tremendously enjoyed and would contemplate a longer stay. Don't worry about our likes/dislikes as we have found accepting the unlimited counsel of RS forum members to greatly benefit our journeys. So please examine England as a blank canvas to fill with your recommendations.
Thanks

Posted by
2281 posts

hey hey marbleskies
cross-pollinate.com is another site
early last year they had a special with so much percent off, i guess was to just get it rented and some income for them.
tripadvisor.com under vacation rentals. we used them last september for paris and annecy.
like always read fine print carefully, as suki mentions her anger of paying the extra$$$, i agree.
londonshortstay.co.uk
good luck and enjoy your journey
aloha

Posted by
358 posts

For a long term rental, say more than a month, some sites like Airbnb will not return any of your money if you have to cancel. So please read the conditions for your rental carefully so that you know if you have any chance of a refund in case of cancellation.

Posted by
11052 posts

If you can avoid the fees that you pay with AirBnB, Homeaway, VRBO do so. I always angers me to have to pay an extra $500 or so just to rent a vacation place.

Posted by
14803 posts

Have you thought about splitting it into two rentals--one month in "Londonish" and once month in Scotland.

Besides the companies mentioned above, look into "serviced apartments." These are usually apartment building that offer hotel services--housekeeping, front desk, etc.

Posted by
549 posts

You might also check Sabbatical Homes. I have not rented through them but have been browsing the site for awhile in anticipation of a long stay in Rome when we are allowed to return.
Cynthia