I know there is no way this is enough time to spend but we will be in London for 2 days in May at the end of a tour of Ireland and British Isles cruise. I’ve made a list of the things we’d like to see while there:
- St Pauls Cathedral w/tour
- Westminster Walk including Big Ben & Houses of Parliament, Trafalgar Square, Downing Street
- Westminster Abbey w/tour
- Buckingham Palace
- Piccadilly Circus
- Tower Bridge tour
- Tower of London tour
- Thames Cruise
- London Eye or View from The Shard
It is quite overwhelming to try and put together an itinerary. My best estimate for now is that we will arrive at our hotel (near Millennium Bridge) by 10am on Monday May 9 and have until bedtime on Tuesday May 10 to visit sites.
My questions are:
- Is the London Pass worth the cost for this number of sites? I’ve calculated the cost of the pass vs individual tickets and it is less expensive but if it’s not realistic that we have time for the tours that changes the worth of the pass
- Would it be smarter to take the full tour on the HOHO bus first before making any stops - then go back to the sites?
- Would you recommend the Westminster Walk itinerary for the first or second day?
- Which is better for the view of London - the Eye or the Shard?
Thanks for any advice!