Please sign in to post.

150 Free Things to do in London

I was looking for information on the Crossrail Roof Garden at Canary Wharf and the Kyoto Garden in Kensington Gardens, and came across this "Secret London" website with a great list.

https://secretldn.com/free-things-to-do-london/

Posted by
432 posts

Thank you ! This is now saved in my travel file. Great ideas to spend a day or afternoon. We've been to some of the museums mentioned, but it's good to read about some of the other ideas.

Posted by
320 posts

Thank you. Great list! We've been to some of those but will definitely save this list for further explorations.

Posted by
11315 posts

Have done many but so manyI have not even heard of prior! Gotta go back!

Posted by
4044 posts

Very useful list. One thing to note about "free" art galleries: The free part applies to the permanent collection. However, special expositions, often the most glamorous attraction, may require a separate, and possibly stiff, admission.

Posted by
2252 posts

Thank you, Lola; this is great information! I do love spending time in London and do that as often as possible.

Posted by
3391 posts

Love it! Thank you so much for posting!

Posted by
444 posts

This is great! Headed there in May for a week! Thank you :)

Posted by
166 posts

Only FREE market that would be worth skipping IMHO, "if you have been there before" several years ago, would be CAMDEN MARKET. This once, truly great experience, has been totally ruined by big money and development. It used to be twice as large covering both sides of the street, adjacent to the canal, but last visit in 2017, saw the open air part of it completely GUTTED in favor of construction of apartments. This place has really lost it's charm unfortunately. Save your time, and visit one of London's other great sites like Trafalgar Square or The National Portrait Gallery. You may even come across an incredible busker, like I did back in July at Trafalgar Square, playing for tips.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6POhuJU8sYg