Please sign in to post.

London Travel Card

My wife and I plan to use the tube only in zones 1 and 2 of London for 7 days . We also need only 1 trip by tube from Heathrow to central London. Can we buy a Travel Card at Heathrow that includes 1 trip from Heathrow to central London, or do we buy 2 separate tickets? What would be most economical? Thanks!

Posted by
16893 posts

The ticket agent there should be able to sell you the Travel Card, plus an add-on ticket for the remaining distance. I'm sure that's how I did it a few years back.

Posted by
4140 posts

Sure , at the counter buy two oysters and load a seven day travelcard ( 1 and 2 ) and some PAYG money on each . any balance left at the end will be refunded at a counter when you leave . Make sure that you don't mix payment methods , paying cash is the best option . One other point , if you want to avail yourself of two for one offers , you will need a paper travel card available at rail stations rather than loading on the oysters . In that case , purchase PAYG oysters and buy paper 7 day cards at the nearest rail staion upon arrival in central London