Please sign in to post.

London Theater Tickets

Is there a safe website to purchase London theater tickets in advance?

Posted by
809 posts

I bought tickets to Evita from the show's website; we knew we wanted to see a specific showdate/time. You can also check the theatremonkey.com website; it has loads of information about shows as well as discount offers for some; there's also a "where to buy tickets" link for each show listed.

When we were in London for a week of theater, we bought some in advance [like Evita], but also bought half-price tickets from the TKTS booth in Leicester Square for 3 or 4 of the shows; you can look at tkts.co.uk to get an idea of what shows are likely to be available at a discount.

What are you planning to see?

Posted by
338 posts

There are no bargains this way, but you should be able to buy them directly from the theater website for the particular show you want to see. You can pick them up at the door (i.e. will call) with ID and your receipt. That's what my family did last year for the Lion King at the Lyceum.

Posted by
5326 posts

TKTS have started putting on their site details for a couple of days ahead. However, it seems to me that they have fewer shows at half price than they used to - and more at full price,or a bit more once the booking fee is included.

If you are staying around the theatre area, try the box office on the day in the middle of the morning, where they deal in returns, etc.

Posted by
15582 posts

the best place for all information about theater in London is theatremonkey.com You can get advice on best seats, deals, discounts, where to buy and just about everything else you would want to know.

Posted by
14 posts

Thank you all.. I would like to get tickets for Book of Mormon. I usually go to the booth at Leicester Square and have had good luck, but really would like to catch Book of Mormon this time. Appreciate your input.

Posted by
449 posts

I can attest to Marco's comment about the prices at tkts. I am thinking of seeing the musical Once in London, rather than seeing it performed by the national touring company this weekend in Seattle. The tkts web site showed that their prices for this show at the Phoenix Theater were slightly higher than the theater prices reflecting the addition of a booking fee. Surprise. I am still planning to see it in London this August. tkts does offer some great discounts for many other shows so this is the first place I would look.