Please sign in to post.

Public Transportation from Heathrow to Farnham

Considering my son will be traveling with two large musical instrument cases (large drum size) plus his backpack, what would be the best way to get from Heathrow Terminal 5 to Farnham, England. I have done a search on Google Maps which came up with a bus from Terminal 5 to Woking and then a train from Woking to Farnham. He is also considering a taxi because of the bulkiness of his instrument cases. He realizes this would be very expensive. Are there any other options? I was hoping there would be a train that would take him directly to Farhnam from Terminal 5, however, I think the trains go into London first. Would another option be pre-arranging for a car and driver? Thanks for any info. I have also posted this question on the Transportation Forum.

Posted by
619 posts

Pre-arranging a car and driver would almost certainly be best in view of the size and volume of his luggage. It will also take him door to door. It will be better to choose a Farnham-based service, since they will know the local area well and will probably be cheaper. It will be an everyday job for them, and they will know their way round the different terminals.

Just type "Farnham Heathrow Taxi" into a search engine and it will offer you a number of different companies. The fixed price seems to be around £60.

Posted by
4684 posts

There are no trains from Heathrow Airport except for the ones running into central London. If you think the route via Woking would be too difficult, he needs to get a cab.

Posted by
683 posts

I happen to be staying with friends in Farnham right now, and they tell me that the airport bus from Heathrow to Woking parks right next to the station, so that bulky luggage does not have to be moved far. Also, the buses and trains are synchronized.