Please sign in to post.

Getting from Heathrow to Bath

Rick's guidebook suggests taking the National Express bus to get to Bath from Heathrow. Has anyone taken that form of transportation, and if so, how much did it cost? Is it necessary to purchase tickets ahead of time? After checking the National Express site, there doesn't seem to be service, at least on the dates I'll need it - arriving 6/13 and returning 6/15. Are there other options to get to Bath from Heathrow, other than renting a car?

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer!

Dan

Posted by
32198 posts

Dan,

I've travelled from London Victoria to Bath via Heathrow, and it's a very pleasant trip.

I also searched the National Express website for departures on 13 June, and found numerous trips from T1 / T3. Prices seem to range from £16 - £21 (the cheaper prices have longer travel times). I'm not sure whether it's worthwhile to pre-purchase tickets, as there's always the possibility your flight could be late and you could miss the departure of the Bus you have tickets for. I'm not sure how easy it would be to exchange tickets under those circumstances? In the same situation, I'd probably just buy tickets when arriving there (although there's always the possibility the Bus could be full).

Posted by
5326 posts

If you miss your booked coach you can travel on a later one but you have to pay the fare difference plus £5.

The terminal of arrival has a significant effect on the convenience balance of the various options.