Please sign in to post.

Beatles mania

I love the Beatles and am travelling to Europe in August/September 2016. As part of that trip I will be in the UK and Ireland for about 12 days and would love to see some Beatles sights?

Is there any particularly Beatles sights to see in the UK? Or anywhere else in Europe?

Posted by
449 posts

Hi SazMcG:

Abbey Road Studios has an excellent web cam pointed at the Abbey Road street crossing where the photograph of the famous album cover was taken. Check out the action to see if you might want to visit this site which, according to a guide book (not RS) is about twenty minutes by subway from central London.

http://www.abbeyroad.com/crossing

It is fun to watch the action of the tourists who want to mimic the album cover as they interact with vehicular traffic.

I will be in London in late summer and might check out the action here.

Geor(ge)

Posted by
50 posts

thanks for those great suggestions. that crossing cam is very interesting!

Posted by
449 posts

SazMcG:

Also check out the schedule for London Walks - they have several walking tours in central London that are for Beatles fans.

Posted by
388 posts

Please refer to our previous response

Posted by
1541 posts

If you get to Liverpool, don't short your time, and don't limit it to Beatles. There's so much more than that to the city. I've been there three times and will go again. Each time we do something new, as well as some repeat favourites.

Did the Magical Mystery Tour only on my third time and it was a ball. Can really recommend it.