Please sign in to post.

Eurostar Tickets

Hello, my family and I are traveling to Europe in September and our first stop is in London. Afterwards, we are going to Paris. I was looking at Eurostar for our tickets from London to Paris and if I buy early, I get a really good price however I’ve read on her that with Eurostar, it’s not good to buy 6 months out. I’m just afraid that if I wait, the less expensive tickets will sell out. I’ve already been looking now and many tickets 4 months out are already more expensive. My question is, is it OK to buy 6 months out and should I worry about anything if I do, or should I wait 4 or 5 months and risk paying more? Thank you.

Posted by
8293 posts

The earliest you can buy Eurostar tickets is 120 days out. That is when they are at their least expensive and the longer you wait after the more you pay. Use eurostar.com, not Rail Europe.

Posted by
9100 posts

There has been a change with Chunnel train tickets, they can now be purchased 6 months ahead of time.

"...My question is, is it OK to buy 6 months out and should I worry about anything if I do, or should I wait 4 or 5 months and risk paying more..."

It's not a risk, if you wait past the six months, you will pay more. The Chunnel uses airline style pricing so as the train fills up ticket prices automatically increase. The cheapest tickets are non-changeable/non-refundable, so if you can't commit to an exact date for your trip to Paris you'll have to wait and pay more:(

Posted by
8293 posts

Thank you, Michael, for that info about the Eurostar tickets.

Posted by
168 posts

Thank you for your responses. I am planning on buying our tickets as soon as possible which would be at the end of this month. I was only worried because I read some where that with Eurostar, sometimes if you buy your tickets too far in advance, that they may change the time of your train without informing you. I thought that it didn't sound right but I just wanted to be sure. Thank you again.

Posted by
32745 posts

Eurostar changes their time table twice a year in common with other British and European railways. The changes are usually very minor, with no changes at all for the vast majority of trains and a few minutes one way or the other for the balance. The last significant change was a couple of years ago when the trains were put onto High Speed 1 in the UK and the running rime dropped quite a bit. There are no significant changes to the line planned at the moment.

Once they have been released for sale Eurostar tickets progressively rise in price and never go down.