Please sign in to post.

Where to leave luggage?

We will be arriving at Paddington Station via Heathrow Connection and need a place to leave luggage. I have read about the Excessive Baggage Company wherein you leave your luggage with them, but at 6 pounds per item for up to 3 hours or 10 pounds after 10 hours...that is really pricey as we will have three suitcases. Are there alternatives? Can you just rent a locker and what is the cost for that? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

We have three rolling suitcases that we would be leaving. We are arriving at Heathrow at 6:30am and cannot officially check in until 1:30pm into our rental. I have my fingers crossed that we can check in early, but there are no guarantees and we will not know until about one week before travel.

Posted by
113 posts

There are not any alternatives to the left luggage charges at Paddington

Posted by
32740 posts

Since the Troubles there are no lockers.

You need to use Excess Baggage Company.

Posted by
2768 posts

Wouldn't your hotel hold your luggage? I've never had one that wouldn't - just arrive when you get in and they hold your bags behind the desk until check-in. I've only had to use lockers or baggage storage when in town for a day, on my way elsewhere with no hotel in town.
If your hotel can't help, I'm pretty sure the Baggage Company is the only option, but I defer to the experts (who seem to be saying the same thing).

Posted by
67 posts

I think Mira has the solution. I've never encountered a hotel anywhere that wouldn't hold bags until check-in. Call/Email them up and ask.

Posted by
703 posts

We have the same problem for our trip in May. Also renting an apartment, will arrive 2 to 3 hours before we can check in. I'm going to check with our landlady closer to when we arrive but at this point its pay the fee or lug it around with us (not a good option).

Posted by
67 posts

Ah, my mistake. Still, it might be possible that there could be a closet or something you could stick them in temporarily. Its not like the place is a black hole until check in time. They just need the time to ensure cleanliness and that other guests are out. Check in with them.

Posted by
10218 posts

The difference between being able to leave bags before check in at a hotel and leaving bags early at a rental apartment is that there will be someone at the hotel at all times. At a rental the landlord or their representative won't be hanging out all day, just in case someone wants to leave their bags early. Every rental I've had we all arrive at a predetermined time. And if Ruth arrived before a previous tenant checks out, they aren't going to want her bags there.

Posted by
5326 posts

Depending on the size of the suitcases, some museums etc have their own paid-for left luggage service which may work out a bit cheaper.

Posted by
44 posts

thank you all...sounds like we will have to leave it with the company...the rental flat refers you to them so I know we would not be able to leave it at flat. we were planning on doing hoho tour...so maybe we will have little breakfast at Paddington and then drop off luggage and take tour and just watch our time. Let's just hope the flat fairies are with us and we can check in early!

Posted by
44 posts

thanks Laura for that info...will have to figure out if that would work for us...being rush hour I was hoping to avoid tube with luggage & a tired 13 year old. :).