Please sign in to post.

Healthrow/Gatwick/London to Brussels via rail: how long, and how is it?

Pondering flying into London (via LHR or LGW), and wondering if anyone has experience taking the Chunnel from London to Brussels. If so, how long is the trip, and how is the service (i.e. quality, costs, perks)?

(Sorry for the double post [this in the Belgium forum too], but I didn't know which was more appropriate. Webmaster, please delete this if I'm violating forum rules. Sorry!)

Posted by
9099 posts

So you're saying you don't want to spend anytime in London just land at LHR/LGW and head straight to Brussels?????
If so, (even though I love the Chunnel train)you're better off flying to Brussels since you're already at the airport. It could take over two hours to clear immigration, and take the train or tube to St Pancras station to catch the Chunnel.
If you will be touring London then the Chunnel is the only way to go. If the fastest most comfortable way to get from central London to central Brussels. Journey time is just over 2 hours, and is very comfortable. It's essential to purchase tickets in advance to get the lowest price (six months allowed):
http://tinyurl/chunnel-train