Please sign in to post.

Washington Mayfair

I stayed at the Washington Mayfair on a Rick Steves London tour in December 2019. I really liked it. Anyone stayed there lately? If so, your impression? Any recommendations for other hotels in London? British Airways is having an incredible fare sale and I’m seriously thinking of going back to London in December.

Posted by
188 posts

That was our tour hotel when we did the 7 Day Best of London tour last June. I thought it was a great location. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and the daily breakfasts were quite good.

Posted by
501 posts

My budget. I tend to look at total trip cost. The Washington Mayfair will cost around $1500 for five nights and that would bring airfare and hotel for two people to a little under $3000. Which is a pretty good travel deal in my eyes. That being said, you must have some other hotels in mind? I’m listening.

Posted by
8676 posts

Check the Royal Horseguards or The Laslett or Canary Wharf Hilton

Posted by
264 posts

I also like staying at the Premier Inn Leicester Square. The location is good, I've felt safe in the neighborhood, and the rooms are clean, quiet and cozy (a bit small but who spends a lot of time there). I've also been looking at the Strand Palace Hotel next to the Premier Inn. The prices at both hotels are within your budget.

Posted by
52 posts

I just loved the Washington Mayfair when I stayed there in December 2019 on the Best of London tour. So close to the Green Park station on the Piccadilly Line, close to Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace, I could go on and on. Close to Da Corradi Italian Restaurant, YUM. I found the staff to be very friendly; only slight hiccup was the housekeeper forgetting to restock the TP one day. I'm interested in other suggestions as well, for when I return to London.

Posted by
501 posts

NJ, I was on the December 15-21 Rick Steves London tour!

And thank you to everyone for your suggestions.

Posted by
52 posts

Hi, it's Melanie! I thought that might be you, but you were in MS and profile is now TN. I miss London so much! I'm headed to Paris with RSE Christmas week 2024.

Posted by
8387 posts

I find $300 night more than I would be willing to pay when there are good alternatives that cost less. Everyone has their own likes/dislikes and budgets. I would want to spend the money doing things while in London.