Please sign in to post.

Vancouver Studios London

Thank you to everyone who already recommended this place.

I just returned from a month long stay at Vancouver Studios in London. The location was great less then a 10 min walk to the Central and District line as well as the Circle line. Paddinton station was at 15 walk as well, The location allowed me to explore during the day and pop back in for dinner or a rest before I headed out to see a play in the evening.

I book the cozy single. It was very cozy but had everything I needed. My room did not have an oven like the larger rooms, but I was aware of this when I booked. I had a kettle, toaster, fridge and two burners with a frying pan and pots. It was all I needed. Supermarkets are near by. There is a back garden that was a great place to have a coffee, wine or eat my dinner some nights. I had a room on the main floor which was perect. Many of the other singles are on the upper floors so stairs may be a problem for some. They have different sized rooms and I saw many families travelling with different generations.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. They offered tips on resturants, plays and sites. I have been to London a number of times and they suggested places I was not familar with. It felt like a great home away from home. It did not have AC but did have a small fan and it worked fine for me. This was the first time I have based myself out of one place for a month during my travels and hope to be back soon.

Posted by
593 posts

I loved Vancouver Studios when I stayed there several years ago for 5 nights in a cozy single. Did they give you any kind of discount for such a long stay? Even at their modest prices, the regular rate would add up quickly if multiplied by 30.

Posted by
501 posts

I was staying here fairly recently in a single room. I loved almost everything about it - the price, the staff, the character, the room comfort and layout, the location. BUT my room was on the fourth floor and the last two flights of stairs are very, very steep. On arrival I had to push my (small) suitcase up a couple of stairs and follow virtually on hands and knees. I’m a reasonably fit late 50s woman, so I was surprised how tough I found it. The stairs made me not want to return to the hotel more than once a day.

So if you’re booking, make sure you let them know if you would struggle with the stairs and ask for a lower room (although even if they’d told me in advance, I probably would have said - sure I can cope with four flights! But these are super-narrow and steep.)

Posted by
8672 posts

Was my go to place during 1990’s, early 2,000 stays. Solo forays.

Always requested the same room which had a view of the back garden. 2nd floor room.

The suggestion to stay there was from a colleague who had gotten the tip from a flight attendant.

Another reason I liked it was being able to easily stroll from it into Kensington Gardens. Loved my early morning walks there. Also the different cafes and restaurants along nearby Queensway.

The options of 2 tube stations with different Underground routes was also appreciated. From Bayswater on a Circle Line train is a 15 minute to Westminster station. Exit and you are at Parliament Square.

Posted by
350 posts

I had requested a lower floor room based on reviews on this site and others. So the only stairs I had were the 4 or 5 into the building. I think most small rooms are on the upper floors.

Posted by
419 posts

I just looked at Vancouver Gardens on Google Maps. On my first solo trip to London in 2017, I stayed in another building on that street - it was all Air BnBs. It looked very similar to Vancouver Gardens. There were two rooms at the very, very top of the building and I had one of them. As someone else said, it made me not want to come back to the room more than once a day. It was a hike.

Posted by
848 posts

Stayed here in 2003, during a terrible heat wave that August...the lack of A/C was very tough, poor sleep. Liked the location and it was a nice, cozy place. Very friendly front desk staff.