Please sign in to post.

Restaurant near Royal Albert Hall

I made the mistake of posting this in the general England section so let me ask again here: I'll be attending a Proms concert and would like to know of a fun place to eat prior to the concert. I'm be going single so don't really want something stuffy, just an interesting place with good food. Even a nice pub would work.
Thanks!

Posted by
16247 posts

Ottolenghi's Belgravia place is fairly close:

http://www.ottolenghi.co.uk/locations

More of a take-out place than a restaurant, but they have one shared table inside, and several more outside. The food is definitely interesting and very good. We shared the inside table with an actress from LA who was meeting a friend for lunch.

Note the hours as they close early (7 pm) on weekends.

Posted by
752 posts

Lots of interesting choices around the South Kensington tube station, if you don't mind the short walk to the Royal Albert Hall. Check out the Thurloe Place/Exhibition Road area and Old Brompton Road. None of these are stuffy, and lots of different cuisines to choose from. I often eat in the area on my own. Proms and the nearby museums do bring out the crowds, so think about an early meal, then stop at Oddono's for a gelato cone and wander up to the Hall. Enjoy!

Posted by
5515 posts

You could eat at one of the places on Exhibition Road across from the V&A where a number of the cafes have outdoor seating. Casa Brindisa is good for tapas and Fernandez and Wells is also good if you want something really casual like a glass of wine and a sandwich or salad. This is right at the South Kensington tube. It is about a 10 minute walk from here to the RAH.