Please sign in to post.

London restaurants

Hello. I have gone through all the posts but am looking for restaurant recommendations in the Hyde Park/Kensington Palace are that are friendly for us parents and two teenagers. Not opposed to walking or a Tube ride.

Little Venice and Dishoom are on my list. August travel for 5 nights. Thoughts? Any others?

Thanks!

Posted by
8765 posts

I consider the Wagamama Restaurant chain to be extremely family friendly. Informal dining, sometimes as shared tables, good Asian Fusian Food, and prices reasonable.

Posted by
15961 posts

If you are staying at a hotel, ask about a good pub in your area. A pub meal is a must for a visitor to the UK and teens are allowed in for meals.

Posted by
9062 posts

Tudkin Flavors of Malaysia, The Victoria Paddington Pub, Dishoom, Spaghetti House Italian Restaurant
EDIT: You could always Tube to Bill’s Victoria or Bill’s Baker Street restaurants

Posted by
698 posts

Claudia, we must have the same taste. When we were there with our teens we ate at The Victoria Paddington Pub and also the Spaghetti House on Kensington High Street. Both great.

We also had a higher end evening and ate at The Ivy right before we went to the theatre. We also ate at The Orangery at Kensington Palace because when in...London. We had lunch or afternoon tea; and my family humored me because it was my birthday; otherwise not where my husband and sons would have chosen, but I was delighted!

Posted by
890 posts

The pasta at Emilia's is as good as I've ever had. Hard to get into, though. We ate at the tiny Canary Wharf location.

The Polpo restaurants have great pizza for the kiddos and pretty sophisticated stuff for mom and dad. Worth considering.

Posted by
1 posts

Try an Italian restaurant called San Pietro located in Kensington on Stratford Road.