Please sign in to post.

London hotel/apartment wanted - summer 2017

I'm looking to stay in London in early July with my mom (72) and son (14) and have found it challenging to find a place to stay.

Our requirements are: Three beds (three rooms would be ideal), air conditioning, bathrooms in the room, small kitchenette, living space beyond just beds, walking distance to Tube in a walkable safe neighborhood, zone 1 & 2.
As I write this, of course, I just thought of a double for my son and I and a single room for my mom might be a better way to go. D'oh!!

In terms of budget, based on my requirements, I'm thinking 300-400 GBP/night (either three bedroom or double and single).

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/assistance.

Posted by
3 posts

Yes, I’ve noticed that air conditioning has limited my options. Unfortunately, for my mom has some breathing issues so it’s required.

Sorry I don’t have the verbiage down just yet. I mean to say no shared bathroom — as in a private bathroom that only we can use. That can be in the flat, and we can all certainly share a single bathroom.

If aircon is a must, you may need to go the route of a serviced apartment. I've used a company called Go Native a few times - they have a lovely block of apartments near Monument, a fascinating area in the financial district (The City) with easy access to most sights via foot, bus or tube. Not sure if the prices or size will work for you, but I've rented a one-bed and a studio at various times and couldn't fault them. They have other properties too.

http://www.gonative.com

Posted by
16190 posts

Since £400 a night is within your range, I will mention this beautiful 2-bedroom, 2-bath apartment we rented for our family (6 of us) last May:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g186338-d8363557-Gorgeous_Waterside_Apartment_near_Tower_Bridge-London_England.html

It is nearly brand new and with hardwood floors and leather sofa, very allergen-free. You could send a message to the owner (Kim) and ask about the air quality situation. We just opened the doors to the deck to admit fresh breeze off the river when we wanted, and never touched the heating/cooling.

The location is excellent for walking but also convenient to the bus ( RV1). Tube is an 8-minute walk.