Please sign in to post.

London Hotel

We are going to London later this year and looking for recommendations for a nice hotel that offers breakfast and close to the tube and transportation. One of them that was recommended was the Belgrave in Pimocio. Please let me know your recommendations.

Posted by
1825 posts

I looked at the Belgrave and it does look nice. I usually stay in the Victoria Station/Pimlico area when I am in London as transportation and places to eat are usually plentiful. I've bookmarked this for my next trip.

Posted by
6329 posts

Laurie Beth, FYI, the OP did post this in England so you might want to add your comment there. :-) I admit when I saw this I was confused as I knew I had posted a reply someplace, lol!

Posted by
8677 posts

63 Bayswater

https://number63.co.uk/

Breakfast ( continental), 1/2 block from Lancaster Gate Station, 15 minute stroll from Paddington Station and across the road from Hyde Park/Italian Gardens.

Posted by
73 posts

My husband and I stayed at the Belgrave in May 2023. Loved everything about it! we had the Standard Dble Room. Clean, comfy and very quiet. We arrived around 9:30 am. They held our luggage (free of charge) until we checked in at 3:30. We did not get the room with breakfast. But we did eat there every morning. Great choices on the continental as well as the cook to order menu. 2 metro stations in walking distance. 1 is a 6 minute walk and the other was 10. Very clean and safe neighborhood. High recommend! They have elevators if you need!

Posted by
3519 posts

Always enjoyed the Lime Tree Hotel. Small cozy place near to Victoria Station. Food was good at the hotel but they don't do dinner, but lots of other good options around. (My last visit was about 4 years ago.)

Posted by
8147 posts

We've always stayed along the north end of Hyde Park--around Bayswater or Kensington.

The last couple of visits were at Premier Inn Paddington Basin--a 10 minute walk from Paddington train station or the Paddington Tube station. They have a very nice steak restaurant and breakfast in the hotel. And it's a very nice and modern high rise hotel in a very safe neighborhood.

You can get to or from Heathrow Airport in an hour or less from there on the Heathrow Express train.

Posted by
326 posts

We really enjoyed the Inter-Continental Park Lane. Very comfortable and convenient, and close to the Hyde Park Corner tube station. Not a luxury experience, but IMO very good value.

Posted by
21 posts

Happy at London House Hotel in Bayswater. Staff are friendly, neighborhood is quiet and beautiful. It's close to three Tube stops and a 15 minute walk from Paddington Station (read: Heathrow Express and Elizabeth Line). 8 minute walk from Kensington Gardens, 15 minute walk from Portobello Road Market. Plenty of great restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk.