Please sign in to post.

Hotels in London

We are planning to visit London late July and was thinking about The Clermont Victoria hotel. I was wondering about any feedback from who stayed here before.
And this is first time to London, is Westminster, St. James, Covent Garden, which area will be good place for 1st timer?
I have heard Premier Inn from this forum, is it good place? We are good with clean room with decent size and good breakfast.
Thank you

Posted by
41 posts

For what its worth, I stayed a week at the Clermont Charing Cross and was very happy there. Our room was a good size and modernized. Breakfast was excellent. The location worked well for walking all over and access to the Tube was right next door. The desk and restaurant staff were very pleasant and eager to please. I would assume that Clermont Victoria would have the same ethos, but read the reviews. We got a very good rate with breakfast through TripAdvisor Plus.

Posted by
32 posts

@Traveller, thank you for the feed back on other hotel. That sounds really fantastic. I am sure it would be same at Victoria location I would expect.
Thank you!!

Posted by
5748 posts

The Clermont Victoria gets 4.5 stars on Trip Advisor, which has to be a good sign.

Posted by
27112 posts

I depend a lot on the booking.com hotel reviews, because you can't leave a review on that website if you haven't stayed in the hotel.

Posted by
5 posts

Online reviews have lauded the hotel for its prime location, cozy lodgings, and accommodating staff. When it comes to ideal areas for London first-timers, Westminster and Covent Garden offer convenient proximity to top tourist hotspots like the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, and the British Museum. For visitors seeking to bask in regal landmarks, St. James presents an attractive option with Buckingham Palace and St. James's Palace. If you're looking for affordable accommodations with decently sized and sanitized rooms, Premier Inn is a popular budget hotel chain that offers a satisfying breakfast spread. It might be worthwhile to add it to your shortlist of London accommodations. I hope it helps! :)