Please sign in to post.

Hotel in London - May 2024

I’m looking for a nice, ‘reasonably’ priced hotel in London - need two single rooms, but are a bit flexible - would take two doubles……hoping for something central - Kensington, Hyde Park? Recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Posted by
8145 posts

I suggest you go to Google Maps and put in Bayswater, London for the map. Then click on Hotel block at the top.

A bunch of hotels along the north side of Hyde Park will pop up as icons with the price. You can click on those that interest you.

I've been staying in that area of London almost 40 years. Last June, we stayed over by Paddington Station because the Heathrow Express takes you to the airport in 15 minutes from there. It's maybe a mile NE of Bayswater area--one Tube stop.

Posted by
7360 posts

A small B&B, 122 Great Titchfield St, has become our place to stay in London. There are just 3 rooms, and the 2 smallest ones might meet your requirements. Being a B&B, breakfast is included. We’ll be staying there in April, and for London, it’s affordable. The Fitzrovia location is definitely central, located between the BBC headquarters and the British Museum, although it’s a tad farther east than either Kensington or Hyde Park. https://bb-london.co.uk/

Posted by
118 posts

Check out Number 63 on Bayswater Road. It’s across the street from Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. Lancaster Gate tube station is a block away, and it’s only a 10 minute walk to Paddington Station. A continental breakfast is also included. I’ve stayed there twice (on the great advice of the forum) and have a week booked for this June. Enjoy London, I have certainly fallen in love with the city.
Happy travels!!

Posted by
1925 posts

Like Stacie, I have also stayed at Hotel 63. Loved the location, across from Kensington Gardens, and very close to public transportation. Half a block or so away from Lancaster Gate Station and many buses as well.

Booking.com is another suggestion. You can use it to do research and then book directly or book through booking.

Posted by
6323 posts

What is your budget? One suggestion that many here have used would be to stay at a Premier Inn. It is a British chain that can be found in just about any London neighborhood. The hotels are consistently good, with very comfortable beds, are clean and very reasonably priced. The earlier you book, the lower the price. There are two that are close to Hyde Park: the Premier Inn London Kensington and the London Kensington (Olympia) hotel. I'm scheduled to stay at the Premier Inn County Hall (in South Bank) for 5 nights in late March. I've stayed at several when I was in Scotland last year, and was very happy with both the price and the quality.

It's not charming but it's consistently comfortable, and you know what to expect.

One last note: Don't book through an agency. Always book through the hotel if it is at all possible. Usually the prices are better and if something goes wrong, you are in a much better position getting the problem solved by going through the hotel, rather than dealing with a 3rd party.