Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Cardiff Wales

Hello Rick Steve travellers,

I am looking for accomodations in Cardiff Wales for 2 people for July. As long as it's super clean (I have the bed bug PHOBIA) with a little fridge and breakfast included preferably I'm happy. We have reserved a serviced apartment on "The Walk" but I'm now wondering if it's really walking distance to things to see and do and I notice it's a bit of a bus ride to the train station.

Any recommendations or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Naomi

Posted by
5239 posts

As long as it's super clean (I have the bed bug PHOBIA)

Request hypoallergenic bedding. We have a son with an extreme allergy to dust mites so we always request hypoallergenic bedding and it's always provided. Not only will it keep you from inhaling previous guests discarded skin cells it will also prevent the unlikely scenario of any bed bugs present being able to work their way through the bedding to you.

We've always stayed in hotels however so I'm not sure whether B&B's will be more accommodating in this respect. I suspect some owners may not even know what such bedding is.

I've never stayed in Cardiff so I can't offer any advice for hotels, if I did it would likely be the corporate American chains due to our loyalty status and subsequent perks and I understand that these hotels are not what most forum members are looking for.

Posted by
14811 posts

I have stayed at the Hotel Indigo and it was excellent. Great location, comfy room with refrig that includes water, beer, soft drinks and snacks that are free and replenished daily. Very clean.

I don't remember if breakfast was included but it was on a pedestrian mall and across from a big shopping mall that had numerous restaurant and cafe's. Ten minute walk to the train station, about two minutes to Cardiff Castle.