Please sign in to post.

Hotel for Overnight Layover at Gatwick

My wife and I will have an overnight layover at Gatwick airport in May. Our inbound flight is scheduled to arrive at 20:45 and the outbound flight is scheduled to depart at 10:00 the next morning, both using the south terminal. We have never been to Gatwick before and would appreciate advice regarding where to stay the night. Our preference would be to stay in a hotel that is within walking distance of the airport. (Please excuse me for also posting this question on the England destination forum). Thank you.

Posted by
11156 posts

I am looking for an answer to the same question. So far for my dates I found a Sofitel for $160 a night adjacent to the north terminal. Still looking.

Posted by
27110 posts

I see quite a lot of options within 2 miles of the airport on booking.com, though the Sofitel may well be the ritziest. A couple of short taxi rides (assuming shuttle service isn't provided) would be OK with me if it save me a lot on the room rate.

Posted by
2622 posts

I'll be doing a layover there as well in July. There's some pretty cheap rooms at Bloc, which is right in the south terminal, but they're a little small for us. The Hilton is indeed right at the south terminal and the rates vary day by day. I've been watching them - my date is down to 102 pounds, prepaid Hilton Honors. I'll probably go with that one at some point.

Posted by
44 posts

Thank you for the responses thus far! What I am hoping for, in particular, is recommendations from folks who have stayed at one of the hotels that is within walking distance of the airport.

Posted by
28 posts

We stayed at the Gatwick BLOC Hotel last September. We had a Gatwick to Oakland flight to catch in the am. I upgraded the room a bit so we could watch planes land. Comfy bed and we had a large table top to sort and repack our luggage. Easy access to the terminal to eat and I went to Boots for a few things. Only negative is the bathroom is a wet bath. For some reason it has a rain shower head and a hand held shower head. They really need to get rid of the rain shower in a wet bath that small! Slept well and you can’t beat the convenience. My husband thought the concept was weird but it worked for me.

Posted by
44 posts

Thank you to all who offered suggestions. We have booked the night at the Yotel (actually, YotelAir) which is within the south terminal. It is very small, but it looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Posted by
17 posts

We have stayed many times while flying in & out of the South Terminal at Premier Inn Gatwick Airport North Terminal (not A23 airport way). It is just across the street from the inter-terminal aerial shuttle that runs every few minutes 24/7 with a journey time of 2 minutes. It is very quick & convenient. We find Premier Inns to be quiet, clean & economical and very welcoming. Enjoy

Posted by
3580 posts

I stayed at a B&B in Horsham a few years ago. It is 1-2 miles from Gatwick. They picked me up, but a taxi would have been easier. The room was inexpensive but comfortable. They drove me to Gatwick in the morning. The town of Horsham is pleasant and a decent smallish town for walking around, dining, shopping. There was a train station in the town, so I suppose a person could train there from London rather than going to the airport first. There were numerous lodging places in the area.