Please sign in to post.

Budget Hotel Victoria Inn London (Belgrave Rd, Victoria)-Anyone Stayed There?

My husband and I are visiting England and Scotland for the first time in Sept. We will be in London both at the start of our trip and again at the end. We are already booked at Morgan House for the start of our trip but they are full on the dates when we will return to London so I've been looking at other accommodations.

The Victoria Inn hotel has generally good reviews, especially regarding cleanliness which is very important to both of us. Breakfast is included and the rate (110 pounds per night advance booking) seems to be reasonable for the area. Has anyone stayed there or is familiar with the neighborhood?

All information is much appreciated and thank you.

Posted by
506 posts

Just to let you know that we just spent a total of 7 night at Morgan House. It was clean and the people running it were very nice, but not the English couple that is in the picture, they were totally absent and two young men run the hotel. The room was unbelievably small and we have been to Europe many times so know how small hotels can be. The breakfast was good and basic. The first night we had to have the bathroom door fixed because it would hardly open or close and the window had to be propped up with a stick. The room was a bit worn out. But clean and no mold. The internet connection was spotty. Was a bit hard for that many nights. We loved the neighborhood what a gem. We tried to get our last night at the Lime Tree hotel across the street but they were all booked. It looked a lot better to us. Next time I would do something else. Like I said the people were nice and helpful. Most rooms are shared baths so it can be noisy early and late as people come and go to use the shared bathrooms and showers.

Posted by
795 posts

In my work, I have to visit hotels, restaurants and other tourist locations and evaluate them. I have been inside the Victoria Inn for that purpose. It is clean and neat, the rooms are pretty but be forewarned that they are teeny tiny. The breakfast consists of cereals, breads, eggs, beans, and toast. I like the showers. It is a good value, in my opinion, and it is quite clean.

Posted by
40 posts

Thank you both for all of this great information. None of the B&B hotels are really what we want and this information is very helpful. I've found a couple of B&B agencies that offer B&B accommodations in private homes which is really what we are looking for. This is the type of B&B that we are accustomed to in the US and Canada when we travel. For the same amount of money, or slightly less, I've been researching very nice looking accommodations (larger room, quiet neighborhoods, good location, etc.) and am waiting to hear if they are available for the dates we need.