Please sign in to post.

Train from Copenhagen to Stockholm

Rick’s sj site is a challenge. Hard to get in English and stay in English. His site on my iPad did not show the English option. I goggled it and it was available in English for about 3 questions and it got to passengers and it was no longer English? I see other options like Ninja but I would like to book direct. I think you can book 120 days out? Any ideas. I have used the German site for other Europe trips and it has been fine.

Posted by
27120 posts

There have been a lot of serious problems reported with Rail Ninja; definitely avoid that one. If SJ has an app, you might try that before resorting to a third-party website.

Posted by
5517 posts

It isn’t a set number of days in advance. I believe SJ releases tickets in blocks. Per SJ, you can book through 8 April 2024 at the moment.

On what date are you looking to travel?

Posted by
5517 posts

Here is the info on booking tickets from the English language app:

You can book tickets until 8th of April 2024.
Tickets for SJ EuroNight to Hamburg are able for purchase until 8th of April 2024. Tickets to Berlin are able to purchase until 31st of March 2024.
Some departures are blocked due to track work planning. The departures will be released for booking as soon as the planning is complete. The tickets will be released continuously every day. SJ Customer Service cannot give any information in advance about when a specific departure can be booked.

Posted by
134 posts

Not sure what site you're on, this is correct one: https://www.sj.se/en/ Never seen it change language by itself, a problem could be that you use a translated version of the Swedish site. You should use the English one (with /en/ in the url) without translation. You could also try the app. For the phone number add +1 before your number.

Posted by
85 posts

Thank you Anders. Rick’s site had to be translated as you mentioned.. Your site was perfect! We are booking a train on May 31st from Copenhagen to Stockholm. I will keep my eye on these block releases mentioned by Laura. Thanks everyone.

Posted by
134 posts

Next ticket batch includes tickets until June 3rd and will be released end of January according to SJ.

Posted by
61 posts

Does anyone know when SJ Copenhagen to Stockholm train tickets for the second half of June will be available? And confirming this is the best to purchase these tickets well in advance, and that this is the site to purchase on from the US:

https://www.sj.se/en/

Posted by
61 posts

Adding to discussion about Copenhagen to Stockholm trains — late June — would appreciate any insights in taking one of regional trains that change in Malmo to a high speed vs non stop high speed. Considering former as departure time is somewhat better for us.

Lastly confirming that train vs flying is way to go if have time to avoid extra hassle / cost of getting to
/ from airports?

Posted by
6390 posts

Please start a new thread instead of hijacking someone else's thread. Also, the Sweden-forum is probably a better place for these questions.

But, if the options with a change in Malmö suits you better, then go for that option. I've done both many times, and while a direct train certainly is nicer, the change in Malmö is nothing to worry about.