Please sign in to post.

Copenhagen

Hello!

Spending a few days in Copenhagen and looking for suggestions on good places to eat!

Thank you so much!
Danielle

Posted by
139 posts

We were in Copenhagen earlier this month. We had great dinners at Restaurant Barr, Baest, and Alchemist. They all range in price level. If you want a truly unique and memorable dining experience, Alchemist is it. However, it is $$$$ and requires reservations as soon as they become available. Restaurant Barr and Baest were much easier for reservations. Baest had an excellent pre-set as well as a la carte menu. Restaurant Barr was rustic, by the water, and all around excellent.

Posted by
1599 posts

What do you like? Seafood, finger food, beer pub food, ...etc.?

I like 1733, Hansens Gamle Familiehave, and Mikkekeller (beer).

Posted by
159 posts

We've enjoyed visiting food halls when traveling and the Tivoli Food Hall was pretty good if you are wanting something more in line of fast casual. There are a couple other food halls in the city that are quite popular also. The hotel we stayed at had one of the most incredible breakfast buffets I've ever had, Villa Copenhagen.

Posted by
23 posts

I am fond of Sankt Annae 8 in Christianshavn, for just a glass of wine and a snack or for a meal. It feels like what “hygge” is supposed to be. I second Mikkeller Bar, my favorite for cosiness is the one on Viktoriagade, if you are nearby.

We had a wonderful meal and experience at SASAA, a pan-African restaurant in Nørrebro, on our last trip. (Our daughter lives there.) It was delicious.

And don’t miss getting a hot dog from a cart with all the toppings!

Posted by
7463 posts

I ate at a Thai restaurant near the train station that was excellent called Poonchai Thai. I believe it's recommended in a RS guidebook. It was really good.

There was also a coffee shop called Original Coffee (near Amalienborg Palace) that I really liked. Their cinnamon rolls were the best I've ever had (and I've had a lot). :-)

And I would recommend stopping at a street market along Strøget and getting a Smørrebrød, which is an open-faced sandwich that Denmark is known for. There are many variations and they're all delicious!

Also, if you go to Tivoli, half the fun is eating there. They have regular carnival fare like long skinny hot dogs and fries, but you can also get some incredibly delicious pastries at a place called Cakenhagen (get it?). I had difficulty deciding which pastry to get because they were all beautiful, but I finally picked one that looked like an apricot. It was perfect, and when I cut into it and ate a piece, the flavor was to die for! Here's a photo of it: https://photos.app.goo.gl/X6rmXwfrFGxoTnSL9