I will be arriving in Copenhagen via a cruise ship at Langelinie on Monday, May 22 around 12:00 hr. and the ship sails May 23 at 17:00 hr. I’m flummoxed because of time constraints and that some of the venues I want to visit are closed (or are unavailable) on Monday. The places I’d hoped to visit (in no particular order) are the Rosenborg Castle, the Kronborg Castle, The Louisiana Museum, attend an evening performance at Tivoli Gardens, and take a tour of Christiania lead by a Resident and member of The Tour Guides Group in Christiania (and hopefully having a meal there).
The Louisiana is closed on Monday and the private tour of Christiania isn’t available on Monday (at least I haven’t found one on Monday as of this date). The only evening I can attend a performance at Tivoli is Monday.
It would make sense to visit the Kronborg Castle and The Louisiana on the same trip, which would have to be Tuesday, but if I do this I won’t be able to take the tour of Christiania.
Associated with the Tivoli Gardens visit, I’d heard there is a performance of Into the Woods on May 22 in the Glass Hall Theatre, but I can’t confirm this on line; in fact, I can’t find any performances for May 22 at the Glass Hall.
I will use the train, Metro, busses and the harbor bus during the two day visit. The 2-Day Copenhagen Card looks like a reasonable value for what I want to do, but since many places are closed on Monday, I’m questioning if I pre-purchase a voucher for the 2-Day Copenhagen Card, where can I pick-up the Card. I'd like to pick-up the card at the Østerport Station. I am assuming the train to Helsingør is covered by the Card, but I’m not certain of this.
At this point my only option may be on May 22, as soon as I get off the ship, take the train to Helsingør, visit the castle, return to Copenhagen, walk to Tivoli, have dinner there, see a performance (if there is one) remain there for the “Sound and Light Show” then head back to the ship. Next morning, Tuesday, visit Rosenborg Castle at 10:00, followed by a tour of Christiania (if it can be scheduled to permit return to the ship by 16:30 hr.), have a late lunch in Christiania, then back to the ship. Regrettably the Louisiana may have to wait till next time.
If anyone has a better Idea let me know or if anyone has any “pull” with the Tour Guides Group in Christiania viz. a Monday tour, let me know this. If the tour of Christiania could be arranged on Monday, then the trip north could occur on Tuesday.