Please sign in to post.

Copenhagen Card

Does anyone know if the Copenhagen Card is priced differently online versus buying it in person in Copenhagen? Rick's book says 249 kr, but copenhagencard.com lists it as 339 kr.

I'm wondering if the card has gone up since the book was published, or if the cost is different online. If they're equal, I'd rather just purchase it ahead of time online.

Posted by
16893 posts

Since this book is two years old, I think that is the correct new price. However, I would choose to buy it in person, rather than paying 60 kroner for mailing and waiting 2 weeks, with some risk of it getting way-laid. I also don't see any benefit to paying ahead but picking it up there with a voucher.

Posted by
12172 posts

It goes up a little each year. I don't think they'll be different. We purchased our first 72 hour cards at the airport before catching a train into town. Since we carry on only, we were first in line at the TI booth in the airport. By the time we were done, there was quite a line behind us - so purchasing online is probably a good idea, then you can walk straight to the train or metro to get into town (metro is faster if you're going near Nyhavn, train is probably better into the center). We purchased a second 72 hour card later at one of the main Metro stops (Norreport).