Please sign in to post.

Scotland Tours

Rabbie's Tours or Heart of Scotland Tours.
I understand they are both 16 people are less.
We are looking for a couple of tours from Edinburgh that will give us the history and interesting stories while riding in Scotland. We will have a car, but would like a chance for both of us to just sightsee a couple of days.

Favorite tour locations?
We will be driving from Lake District England to Oban and then to Edinburgh, lastly down to York. Would like our tours to cover areas we will miss with our driving.

Posted by
11 posts

Hi there, I used Rabbie's Tours when I went to Edinburgh in October 2014. Loved them! I took "Loch Lomond National Park and Stirling Castle Day Tour," "Alnwick Castle, Northumberland Coast and the Borders" and the "St Andrews & the Fishing Villages of Fife Day Tour." I would use them again if I ever find myself in Scotland....which I hope will be soon. All of the tours were wonderful, but I really loved St. Andrews....and I don't even golf!! Rabbies was on time, very professional and gave a lot of history of Scotland and the things you are seeing on the road. I hope this helps!

Posted by
47 posts

Thanks for the recommendation. Of the three tours you took, which two would you recommend? We will only have two days to do tours. We will be driving from Oban to Edinburgh, so thinking about driving up to Glencoe (if we won't have a tour there), then going by Rob Roy's grave (McGregors need to do that). Loch Lomond or Loch Ness? The area sounds absolutely beautiful.