Please sign in to post.

Prague Tours

We are arriving Prague June 20th and are looking for things to see on Sunday June 21st. We will be taking a packaged city tour (eg Prague castle, Charles Bridge, Old Town Square) on Monday June 22nd with AMA Waterways and don't want to duplicate places. Suggestions? ldb

Posted by
6501 posts

Hard to recommend sights without knowing more about the package tour you'll be taking the next day, but let me offer two suggestions: (1) The Jewish Quarter, north of Old Town Square, and especially the New Old Synagogue and the Jewish Cemetery -- one of the highlights of Europe for me. (2) The "Little Quarter" just beyond the west end of the Charles Bridge and south of the Castle.

Posted by
795 posts

The AMA Waterways packaged city tour in Prague is just in the morning and only covers Prague Castle, St. Vitus Cathedral, St. Charles Bridge, and the Old Market Square. Their river cruises are very good. We've lived in Prague and spend time there each year. I can tell you, there is a LOT to see and do! There is the Prague Zoo, the KGB Museum (this is fascinating), Lobkowicz Palace, the Czech Museum of Music, the Jewish Museum, Franz Kafka Museum, the Grevin Praha Museum, and things like the Taste of Prague tour (get to know Czech people and culture through food and markets)- www.tasteofprague.com There is much much more.

Posted by
2639 posts

as terri Lynn says there is so much to see and do in Prague.
http://www.prague.net/attractions
this link will give you loads of info.One of the things I like to do on a Sunday morning it to take a walk through Letna Park to the castle area and then up to the Strahov Monastery area.i like a sit down outside the main church and listen to the organ music then head to the Klasterini Pivovar across from the church for the first beer of the day, it is nice to have the place when it is not too busy.I usually stay in the Dejvicka area so it is quite easy to do that from there.
Depending where you are staying you could take the Fenicular up Petrin Hill and visit the Tower there then walk along the Hunger wall and come out at the Strahov Monastery walk down to the Loreta building and then down the to the castle area and the castle steps (saving the castle area for the Monday) then down along Charles Bridge to the Old Town. I know you will cover this on your main tour but believe me you will be glad you did it more than once.

Posted by
8139 posts

We usually bypass the expensive city tours and take the "Free" walking tours in larger European cities. The tour guides are fully licensed, they work for tips and they're excellent tourguides. You can locate such tours on Google.

We especially enjoyed the Nightlife Tour of Prague which took us to some premier beer halls and bars. The crowd on that tour was very international, and they were a very diverse, lively bunch. We paid for it, and it was worth every penny.