Please sign in to post.

louvre tickets

where should they be purchased and how far in advance as we will be traveling to France in july 13th

Posted by
1658 posts

When I was in Paris a few years ago on Bastille Day-(July 14th)-the Louvre was open for FREE. We arrived in Paris and made our way to the Louvre about 2pm until 5pm. Crowds had lessened by then. We then saw on the TV that there were fireworks at the Eiffel Tower that night. Starts about 10 or 11 o'clock when it gets dark. It was a great event to watch Parisians celebrate their independence day. I think they still open the Louvre and some other museums for free that day as it is a national holiday. It will be crowded, but turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip.

Posted by
2124 posts

Hi mrs, if you are planning to visit several museums, the Paris Museum Pass is a very good deal. The Pass enables you to bypass the ticket lines (not Security) and allows you to pop in to some places you might not normally visit. It's also easy to find a rest room or snack if you need one. Check it out!

http://en.parismuseumpass.com/

Posted by
343 posts

I was there a few weeks ago and just purchased them on my phone the night before. I was able to show the person checking tickets my passes on my phone. It was very easy. It was a slightly more complicated process for the Musee d'Orsay but it worked as well.