Please sign in to post.

Jewish Roma Walking Tour

I could not have been more pleased with the walking tour of Jewish Roma with Micaela Pavoncello. I booked this some time ahead of my trip, and she and others from her company were prompt and very helpful during our correspondence. The tour was 3 hours, and I have to say, I felt like we could have talked for at least 3 more, easily, and still would not have reached the end of her knowledge of Rome in general, and the Jewish section of town! Micaela is educated, funny and personable.
I left the tour feeling not only educated about the Jewish section of Roma, historically and currently, but also like I gained a friend in Italy- that is how she makes you feel!
If I am ever back in Roma, I will take another tour with Micaela- as she offers several different types!

Posted by
882 posts

Thank you for posting this. ,A "recommend tour guide" is valuable information.
I have suggested adding a category of this type to the RS travel forum.
My guess is that would be a valuable resource.

Posted by
3961 posts

We couldn't agree more. On our first visit to Rome in 2006, we hired Micaela. She was recommended by my cousin who raved about the experience. We took two tours with her, as well as a Forum tour with an archeologist colleague.
It truly was the most memorable, & educational tours we've ever taken. Her tours are also recommended by Rick Steves.

In addition, while visiting Florence we took the "Jewish Florence Tour" with Giovanna Bossi Rosenfield. Also extremely knowledgeable, engaging & personable.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you for the info about Florence- I wish I was going to be there long enough to take part in that tour!

Posted by
1 posts

We recently participated in the Jewish Roma Walking tour of the Jewish Ghetto. It was amazing, the highlight of our trip to Rome. Our guide was friendly and extremely knowledgeable. The tour was an easy 3 hour walk and we learned so much about Italy, Rome and the Jewish community. I would highly recommend to everyone. A must if you are in Rome.