Please sign in to post.

Food Tours

any suggestions for a food tour in Rome in Jan 2019

Posted by
487 posts

We did a food tour out of Bologna a few years ago with Italian Days. They have since expanded and have other cities available. I have not done the tours out of Rome, but enjoyed my time on the tour from Bologna and would not hesitate to sign up for one of their other tours.

https://www.italiandays.it/destinations/rome/

Posted by
51 posts

I'll second horsewoofie's recommendation of Eating Europe food tours. I took the Trastavere Twilight Tour in May 2017 and it was spectacular! I have been on MANY food tours in various cities (NYC, London, Quebec, etc.) and none have compared to this one. The food was plentiful and delicious, almost every tasting was accompanied by a glass of wine chosen to complement the food, and the guide was brilliant. Lots of history and information about the neighborhood was provided. A great way to spend a few hours!
Susan

Posted by
951 posts

My family and friends and I went on the Eating Italy Trastevere food tour in Rome this past summer. It was wonderful. These are small tours (our group had 11 people). You visit a number of local establishments from a vegan bakery to a restaurant wine cellar older than the colleseum. The guides are knowlegeable and fun. My only complaint is that there was actually too much food, so take small bites and pace yourself.

My other recommendation is that if you are going to take a food tour, take it early in the trip so you can get ideas of whereelse you should eat on your stay. The guides will provide your information, not only on the places in the neighborhood you tour, but other places that they like to go throughout the city.

Sandy

Posted by
967 posts

Eating Italy, now Eating Europe I think, also has a great food tour in Testaccio. A little more off the beaten path if you've spent a lot time in Rome and are looking for something new. It combines restaurants, markets, gourmet shops, and a gelateria. Lots of fun and a ton of food.

Posted by
17 posts

Great thanks for all the help
I booked the Sunday Jewish Ghetto tour and the trastevere

Posted by
16 posts

Also did Eating Europe Rome/Trastavere food tour. Wonderful. Lots of delicious food, final sit down of pasta and wine. Was almost too full to eat the pasta. Loved the tour guide and all the stops. Would do it again if in Rome.

Posted by
222 posts

We have also taken the Eating Italy tours and plan to do so again in a few weeks!

Posted by
41 posts

The Trastevere food tour sounded amazing. I just booked it for my two teens and I for June. Can't wait to go. Thanks!