Please sign in to post.

Edinburgh Tours

My husband and I are going to Scotland the beginning of October. We would like to do two day tours and are trying to decide between two companies and the differences in their tours. We would like to see the Highlands and possibly a whiskey distillery as well as the Viking Coast.
Please give me your opinion as reviews are good and bad for each group.
Rabbies or Heart of Scotland
Which has the more comfortable busses?
Are the busses similar in size and ability to see?
Which tour guides enjoy their work the most?

For Viking Coast:
Rabbies has Alnwick Castle, Northumberland Coast and the Borders - visits Kelso, the borders, Alnwick Castle, Northumberland Coastline, River Tweed and East Lothian.
Heart of Scotland has the Viking Coast and Alnwick Castle that includes Northumberland coast, Holy Island and Ainwick Castle.

For Highlands:
Rabbies has a couple of options: West Highlands, Lochs and Castles, or Loch Ness, Glencoe and the Highlands, or Highland Lochs, Glens and Whiskey.

Heart of Scotland has Stirling Castle, Highland Lochs and Whiskey. It doesn't seem to go into the highlands as far as Rabbies tours do, but includes Stirling Castle.

I would love to see the Highlands and Loch Lomond, but not sure which day trip would be better. We had planned on the Highland Lochs, Glens and Whiskeys. I read several reviews and one raved about the tour, another one stated it was too rushed. We are not looking for a rushed tour and will have been in Great Britain for several days by the time we tour, so jet lag shouldn't be a problem.

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!

Posted by
9459 posts

duplicate post with replies already posted in the one on the Scotland Forum.