Please sign in to post.

Athens

We just spent two afternoons with a private guide in Athens. We found Faye ([email protected]) through this travel forum. She was absolutely fantastic. I noticed a long thread (now closed) in which someone had said she is not a licensed guide. She definitely is a licensed guide. Her badge was scanned at every museum we went to. We were able to skip ticket lines with her. And, she clearly has been a professional guide for a long time (over 50 years!). Many museum employees in the various galleries and at the entrances new her and greeted her warmly. We also bumped into a few guides leading other groups who said she had trained them to be licensed guides. We had a great time with her. We chose to break our touring up into partial days and I am glad we did. I think we would have been very tired and gotten much less of the experience if we had tried to cram too much into one day. We did the Rick Steve's Audio Europe Athens Walk the day we arrived, and it was a great orientation. We toured the New Acropolis Museum with Faye. She gave us the option of having her walk up to the Acropolis with us or to get an explanation of the various parts in front of the model in the (cool) museum and then go on our own. We chose to go on our own so that we could go at our pace (and it saved money as well). We had a wonderful time with her.

There are no replies to this topic.