Please sign in to post.

Which train to take from Prague to Vienna?

I am traveling with my two daughters from Prague to Vienna, how do I know which train to take? It’s my first time traveling to Prague and Vienna, are there more than one train stations? I need help, please, I want to buy the tickets ahead of time for peace of mind. Also, from Vienna to Budapest? Thank you
Johanna

Posted by
8 posts

Buy either at cd.cz or regiojet.com (two different companies). At CD get also a seat reservation, at Regiojet the seat is assigned automatically.

The train leaves from Praha hlavni nadrazi (use google maps).

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you all.... I am going crazy because I really don’t know what I am doing.... thank you, I am looking into all the information.... bless you all for helping a stranger in need.... ❤️

Posted by
202 posts

We stayed at a lovely, family hotel that was easy to get to from the Vienna Train station. I had two girls with me too. It had one of the best breakfasts I've had while at European Hotels. It is called Pension Kraml -http://pensionkraml.at/EN/index.html.

Posted by
1 posts

Can someone please advise whether it's better to wait until we're in Prague to purchase our train tickets or should we buy in advance? Also planning to travel the same route in June.

Posted by
1335 posts

I took the Railjet train from Brno to Vienna. It was a good ride. Not refundable.

I also took the Regiojet bus (not train) from Krakow to Brno. It was also very good. My ticket was refundable up to 15 min before departure. Check if the T&Cs are the same for train rides.

So, I don't think you can go wrong with either operator. Choose based on time.

Posted by
5362 posts

Railjet is not a train operator. Railjet is a type of train. OeBB operates the Railjet trains.

Posted by
4 posts

Thsnk you everyone, with your help I was able to purchase my tickets... could not have done it without your help. Thank you!!!

Posted by
4637 posts

Emily is right. Railjet is a type of train operated by OeBB (Austrian Railroads) and CD (Czech Railroads). The red train is Austrian railjet, the blue one is Czech. I would recommend to compare prices with CD. Those are usually the cheapest.

Posted by
2165 posts

I would highly recommend getting seat reservations for your train trip. When we traveled from Vienna to Prague, a large portion of the trip was standing room only.