Please sign in to post.

Visiting Prague- August 2018

HI,
I will be visiting Prague for the first time this coming August.
I am booking my hotel- and was looking at Hotels.com
The hotel im looking at Hotel Maximilian is on Hotels,com- the rate is fare however, I was looking at the taxes Hotels.com is charging
It has $248 for faxes and fees- this is for a 12 night stay.
Does this sound high for this site??

Would I be better off trying the hotel website directly?
Or is this $248 going to be standard?

Posted by
3841 posts

Compare the hotel at booking.com, see what they charge. Or, you could contact the hotel directly for rates. We stayed at the Hotel Hastal. Great location, breakfast, and price. It is one of the hotels Rick recommends.

Posted by
2639 posts

I would agree about looking at Booking.com, use them all the time and book hotels in Prague several times a year. what taxes and fees are they talking about as I usually find that these are all included in the room rate.Some places in Prague may charge a local tourist tax but that is only 15kc (about 60cents) per room per night,in the numerous stays I have had in Prague over many years I have only been charged the tourist tax separately once and that was over the new year period this year.

Posted by
20085 posts

Look at the hotel site and it shows 237 EUR of taxes and fees. Actually the Hotel.com price for a superior room for 12 nights is about $350 less than the hotel's website price, correcting for exchange rate.