Please sign in to post.

Travel Itinerary

We are planning on a twelve night trip this summer in region and would like your thoughts on our schedule:
4 nights in Prague
2 nights in Cesky Krumlov
3 nights in Vienna
3 nights in Budapest

Thoughts on the balance of the stays in these locations? Are we missing something? Thanks all in advance!

Posted by
509 posts

Subtract 1 night from CK and add it to Vienna or Budapest (altho we haven't seen the latter). CK is pleasantly quiet in the evening, but 1 should be enough.

Posted by
4637 posts

I would also say take one night from Cesky Krumlov and add it to Budapest. C.K. is very picturesque but small town. Unless you plan to do a day trip to nearby (bigger) town Ceske Budejovice with the excursion to original Budweiser brewery (German name for Ceske Budejovice is Budweis - by the way is much tastier than the one from St.Louis) or visit nearby chateau Hluboka then one night in C.K. is enough.

Posted by
398 posts

Agreed with the others, I'd do 4 in Prague, 1 in CK, 3 in Vienna, and 4 in Budapest. We did 3/3/3 in Prague, Vienna, and Budapest, and if I had more time, I would've added it to Prague and Budapest.

Posted by
597 posts

The itinerary looks good.
I would do 3 nights in Prague and 4 in Vienna.
Keep the 2 nights in CK, I think it is a charming town different from the 3 big cities you have.
Have fun!