Please sign in to post.

travel

what is the best way to travel from Dresden airport to Jablonec nad nisou?

Posted by
27104 posts

There seems to be a 9:08 AM regional train to Liberec where you could connect to a second train reaching Jablonec nad Nisou at 11:55 AM. There's a lot more rail service than I was expecting, but most of connections are quite a bit slower and require 2 or 3 transfers. However, there's a 1:08 PM departure that would get you to JnN at 3:55 PM.

I found the schedules on the easy-to-use Deutsche Bahn website, but since these are not German trains, the DB doesn't know the fares.

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you very much for your reply. Our flight gets to Dresden at 12:55pm so cannot make the train that leaves at 1:08.
Your suggestion is very helpful. I will check out the Deutsche Bahn website.

Posted by
1189 posts

Hi from Wisconsin,
Go to www.bahn.com and mess around until you find the page where you can enter the city of departure and destination city. (Booking information)

I am from northern Wisconsin. I wanted to get from London to Bristol, England. I wondered what time the train might depart and arrive so I could arrange a car rental to match. Silly me, a train departs just about every hour. Not once per day.

It is possible your cities only have once a day service, but this is Europe, and there are likely to be multiple trains per day.

If you are flying in, you can't be sure of when you would be available for the train. So don't buy in advance even though the prices are much reduced if you do. If you are overnighting before you train away, then buy in your tickets in advance.

wayne iNWI