Please sign in to post.

Travel agent

Can anyone recommend a good travel agent to help us plan our Czech Republic itinerary?

Posted by
11032 posts

Ask your friends family and neighbors for suggestions for your area

If you live in Dallas, a good travel agent in Portland may be of little use to you

Posted by
4637 posts

Any travel agent should be able to do it. Nowadays (almost) everything is on line. If you want somebody with personal experience (not just computer) then try agents in Prague or even better on this Forum. There are some very knowledgeable people here; first on my mind Unclegus, Marcus ... . Just tell us when you want go, for how long, what would you like to see and what are your interests. To get some preliminary ideas read Rick Steves book: Prague & the Czech Republic. Rick chose the cream. We could add some attractive but less known destinations.

Posted by
33 posts

Yes thanks my wife and I are reading his book (that's how I got to this forum). We pretty much know where we want to go and are working on a time frame. We basically just need help from someone who really knows "the lay of the land" about the practicalities of getting from one place to another most efficiently.

Posted by
26834 posts

Honestly, I would not turn my logistics within Czechia over to most US travel agents, especially if I planned to move around by train or bus rather than rental car. (I'm not sure what sort of transportation you expect to use.) It's highly unlikely your agent will have seen much of the country other than Prague, if that, so I doubt that knowing the "lay of the land" is going to come into play. You may be pointed toward the type of hotel that pays agents commissions (Best Western, etc.), and there may be some unnecessary private transfers involved.

One challenge is that it takes some time to dig into details online. A travel agent has to make a living. You'll pay for that time one way or the other, or else the agent will probably not do adequate checking.

Posted by
4637 posts

Well, I know the lay of the land, I lived there 36 years and go there twice a year. So if you have any pointed questions I'll try my best.