Please sign in to post.

Transportation from the Airport of Prague to my hotel

Hello everyone!!In August I will be travelling to Prague. I will be staying at Antik Hotel (adress: Dlouha 22). I would like to ask how I can get to the hotel by public means of transport. I mean which bus from the airport to take etc.Of course, I know that I can get a taxi but I prefer to use the means of transport.
Thank you in advance for your time and answer.

Posted by
8142 posts

Look for a shuttle bus (shared ride) into the city to your hotel when you arrive. It would be less expensive than a taxi.

Posted by
597 posts

I got this from google:
Bus No. 179 runs between the airport and Nove Butovice, which is a stop on the yellow, or B, metro line. It takes 45 minutes to get to the city center. Another option is the Airport Express bus, which runs between the airport and Hlavni Nadrazi, Prague's main train station, located in the heart of the city.

Hope that helps you.

Posted by
2639 posts

you have a couple of options.
1, Bus 119 to Veleslavin the metro from there to Staromestska and about a 5 minute walk.
2. Bus 119 to Veleslavin and then 26 tram to Dlouha Trida stop and a few minutes walk from there.
both can be done on a 32kc ticket availabel fro stands in the main concourse of the airport or from the machines in arrivals hall (well T1 has one , never used T2) also at the actual bus stops.

Posted by
41 posts

Thank you so much everyone for your time and advice. It was really helpfuld and I really appreciate it.I wrote them all down so I can look at them and I will see which option is the best.
Thanks again,
My best wishes

Posted by
86 posts

I know that you are looking for public transportation options, but last time in Prague I used Prague Airport Transfers. The driver was there waiting and it was straight to the hotel. Think it was around 23 Euros, but it was about 30 minutes door to door.

Posted by
41 posts

Thank you very much Kevin for your time and suggestion.Yes, it sounds like a good idea (the most convenient/comfortable) and I'll think about it carefully!!Thank you once again!

Posted by
867 posts

If you take the normal shuttle from the airport to the main train station you can catch either a streetcar/tram or the underground to within a block of your hotel. Or you can walk from there; it's only a 15-20 minute walk.