Please sign in to post.

Taxi service in Prague

We will be arriving in Prague on a Sunday morning in June and I have read many reviews about the poor taxi service in Prague. AAA taxi service was recommended to us, but I've read the google reviews and they are not favourable. Any advice would be welcome. Thank you, Rita

Posted by
2636 posts

you could always book a private shuttle, very reasonable.
http://www.praguetransport.com/
I have used this company many time over the years, run by an American ex-pat and his Czech wife, all the drivers speak English and they are highly reliable.

Posted by
1383 posts

I used Prague Transport last week on Uncle Gus's recommendation - thanks UG - and they were very good: efficient, helpful and reasonably priced.

Alan

Posted by
15 posts

thank you for that information. Good to see that someone else used them on your recommendation with good results.

Posted by
356 posts

AAA tend to be very good. I use them myself and recommend them to guests. Book online or download their app for the best rates.

Alternatively Liftago are also a good option.

Posted by
2636 posts

never used them but Uber may not be around in Prague in September, they already have been banned in the Czech Republic's second largest city Brno.

Posted by
15 posts

We had booked a room at the Hotel Hastal in Prague and they offered a pick-up service for 15 Euros per trip with our stay. It was a welcome addition to our stay at this hotel. Both our drivers were polite, prompt and reliable. The hotel was in a great location and we enjoyed everything about our stay there.